13 Ways with... Passionfruit
It has been quite a while but I thought it was about time that I bought this monthly column back, because I always loved putting it together. Choosing one ingredient and finding so many different ways to use it was really inspiring and I have discovered so many great new blogs in the process! So I'm back this month with Passionfruit, which are in season here at the moment. I scored 7 for $2 at the market, what a bargain!
I've got a great recipe for you today plus a bunch of other fantastic ones too, so keep reading! I hope this inspires you to make at least one of these awesome looking desserts.
Picture Credits: My Kitchen Antics & Donna Hay
1. I love the sound of this totally unique Passionfruit Mojito with an Indian Twist from My Kitchen Antics. I mean passionfruit with salt and green chilli, heaps of lime and mint sounds like such an interesting combination in a drink! Also scroll down in this post to find another delicious sounding Passionfruit Iced Tea.
2. This pretty and refreshing Passionfruit Cordial comes courtesy of Donna Hay. Actually I remember this recipe in one of the very first issues that I ever bought! If it was me though, I’d add a smidgen of vodka or rum to turn this into a delicious and summery cocktail. Yum!
Picture Credits: Un Dejeuner de Soleil & Gourmet Traveller
3. Nutella is one of my favourite things on the planet, which is why I am drawn to this Creamy Chocolate Spread with Passionfruit from Un Dejeuner Se Soleil. Doesn't it look incredible! I think it would be delicious slathered over a warm baguette. Note, the recipe is in French.
4. This Passionfruit Coconut Creme Caramels with Lychee Granita from Gourmet Traveller magazine sounds deliciously tropical, and would be perfect for a casual summer dinner party. I love the idea of Passionfruit together with lychee too - yum!
Picture Credits: Inspiring the Everyday & Gizzi Erskine
5. Passionfruit and coconut are beautiful in desserts together, and this Coconut Mousse with Passionfruit and Cherries from Inspiring the Everyday looks so delicious, especially with the addition of Rainier cherries too. Perfect for right now.
6. I've been loving Eton Mess this summer, and it seems Sydney does too as it's been popping up on quite a few restaurants' dessert menus this year. It's such a simple but delicious dessert that usually involves berries, but I love the sound of this Eton Mess with Passionfruit, Lemon Curd & Raspberries from Gizzi Erskine. It's definitely going on my list of things to make!
Picture Credits: Raspberri Cupcakes & Citrus and Candy
7. This incredible Passionfruit & Lemon Trifle with Macarons is a 7 layer beauty by my gorgeous friend Steph from Raspberri Cupcakes. Passion Pop mousse, lemon cake, lemon and passionfruit curd, Passiona jelly, passionfruit and chocolate macarons, whipped cream with fresh passionfruit and mini meringues on top - um YES! What an absolutely stunning dessert.
8. Another fabulous recipe from one of my good friends, this Baked Alaska with French Earl Grey Icecream and Passionfruit from Citrus and Candy is right up my alley. I've made the ice cream before and loved it, so I can only imagine how good it would be in this beautiful Baked Alaska.
Picture Credits: Spicy Icecream & Athena Plichta
9. These Passionfruit Cheesecake Brownies from my archives is actually one of my all-time favourite recipes. The fudgy brownie is the perfect match to the creamy cheesecake and sweet tang of the Passionfruit. I hope you'll give this very easy recipe a try soon!
10. This Lemon Cake with Passionfruit Syrup from Athena Plichta sounds incredible, but I also love the photos on this beautiful blog!
Picture Credits: Spicy Icecream & Some Cappuccino with Cake
11. This Passionfruit Vanilla Slice is one of my Mum's favourites and something that she regularly requests me to make. With passionfruit in the custard and the the glaze, this is a lovely dessert. I remember how all the Passionfruit made my kitchen smell incredible for hours.
12. My favourite macaron flavour on the planet is Passionfruit and Milk Chocolate, and these specimens from Some Cappuccino with Cake look beautiful. I'm still not a very confident macaron baker, but one day I'll give this flavour a try! If you aren't yet converted to the Passionfruit/Chocolate combination, you've got to try this macaron flavour!
13. And today's recipe is one I'm quite thrilled to share today. The idea for Passionfruit S'mores has been floating around in my head for a while, and I was so pleased with how it turned out. Using homemade Graham crackers and homemade Passionfruit marshmallows, plus squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate with sea salt, I can now understand why S'mores are so popular! Gooey, sticky, messy and delicious.
I say this every time, but making marshmallows from scratch is not as tricky as you might think and the result is totally worth it. I'll never buy store bought marshmallows ever again! I absolutely loved the addition of passionfruit in them!